Along the Highway
Slates Hot Springs vicinity
The Slates Hot Springs vicinity is home to Esalen Institute. This enterprise may have lodging accommodations available for those not participating in its programs.
Activities, Facilities, and Services
- Lodging - Accommodations - Hotels - Resorts - Motels - Inns - Cabins
- Esalen Institute 831.667.3000 / Note: A reservation is required to enter the Esalen grounds. "A Personal Retreat is offered as a benefit to our Friends of Esalen and is a gift of self-care; an opportunity to do as much or as little as you like. Each day you are free to choose among Esalen’s unique gifts: our natural hot springs, daily movement and meditation classes, weekly evening programs, gourmet meals, and twenty-seven acres of spectacular grounds."
- Hot Springs - Mineral Baths
- Esalen Institute / Esalen's mineral baths have been rebuilt following their destruction during the El Niño storms of 1998. They are available during the day only to those attending Esalen workshops. The baths are open to the general public from 1:00 am to 3:00 am. (Yes, that's correct! After midnight. Really. 'Twas ever thus.) You may arrive only between 1:00 am and 2:15 am. Cost: $20.00 per person, payable by credit card only. You must make a reservation by calling 831.667.3047.
- Spiritual Emphasis
- Esalen Institute 831.667.3000 / Note: A reservation is required to enter the Esalen grounds.
Has this Web site, A Guide to California's Big Sur, been worth something to you as you plan a trip to Big Sur -- maybe fifty cents? a dollar? If so, you can, if you wish, contribute that amount to help defray this site's costs. Learn how.