Along the Highway
Ragged Point Inn vicinity
The Ragged Point Inn vicinity is a cluster of businesses and services on a very scenic point on the west side of Highway 1. Visitors to the area need travel no further north than this to see Big Sur's famous rocky coastline at no cost. Most of Ragged Point Inn's rooms are located on a cliff's edge, 350 feet above a cove. The restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Activities, Facilities, and Services
- Lodging - Accommodations - Hotels - Resorts - Motels - Inns - Cabins
- Ragged Point Inn 805.927.4502 / fax 805.927.8862
- Restaurants - Food
- Ragged Point Restaurant 805.927.5708
- Telephone Services: public telephone
- Gift Shops and Galleries
- Gasoline (no diesel fuel)
- Scenic Vistas
- Wildlife Viewing
- Black Swift Fall
- Hiking and Backpacking: Ragged Point Cliffside Trail offers coastal access. For more detailed information, see the resources listed on the Books and Maps page.
- Coastal Access
- Surfing: San Carpoforo Creek (also known as San Carpojo Creek), about 1.4 miles south of Ragged Point Inn
Has this Web site, A Guide to California's Big Sur, been worth something to you as you plan a trip to Big Sur -- maybe fifty cents? a dollar? If so, you can, if you wish, contribute that amount to help defray this site's costs. Learn how.