Along the Highway
Kirk Creek Campground
Kirk Creek Campground, open all year, is located on an open bluff 100 feet above the ocean adjacent to Highway 1. There are 33 campsites, and sites for tent camping are available. There is access to the beach. This facility is under the jurisdiction of the Monterey Ranger District, Los Padres National Forest, U. S. Forest Service.
- Kirk Creek Campground is located within Los Padres National Forest and is managed by Parks Management Company.
Activities, Facilities, and Services
- Camping - Campgrounds: Kirk Creek Campground
- Half of the sites are reservable; half of the sites are first come, first served
- Camping reservations
- You can make camping reservations by telephone with ReserveAmerica at 877.444.6777
- You can make camping reservations on line with ReserveAmerica
- User fee
- RVs not exceeding 40 feet in length permitted at some sites, but not all
- Scenic Vistas
- Wildlife Viewing
- Hiking and Backpacking: Vicente Flat Trail into Ventana Wilderness. For more detailed information, contact Big Sur Station or Pacific Valley Station and see the resources listed on the Books and Maps page.
- Coastal Access
- Fishing (river and ocean)
Has this Web site, A Guide to California's Big Sur, been worth something to you as you plan a trip to Big Sur -- maybe fifty cents? a dollar? If so, you can, if you wish, contribute that amount to help defray this site's costs. Learn how.